The fact is that Blogging massively improves Google Ranking by indexing key words and phrases faster. Our other business Easy Online Biz Solutions also recommend this service for Business Websites and eCommerce including all of our clients who have a Rent to Own Your Online Store. The reason is that Hire Writers make it easy and affordable to do Blogging. Which drastically improves SEO.
Identifying and Dealing with Spam and Undeliverable Emails
NOTE – Type in the complete URL… go to the URL, web address Do NOT Search for it…
Your Website Needs an SSL Certificate
Google is now penalising websites that Do NOT have an SSL Certificate.
Chrome browsers show a website UNSECURE WEBSITE if it doesn’t have a SSL Certificate. An SSL Certficate gives your website a Green Padlock and https before the Website Address. Rather that the standard http://YourWebsiteAddress.com
A Secure website one with a SSL Certificate encrypts the information that goes to and from it to the Server.
This is a website without an SSL
This is a clients website with our Verified SSL Certificate
We must understand that having an SSL Certificate and the Green Padlock means that your website can not be hacked.
The SSL only encrypts the information between the Server and the Website.
It Does NOT make your password anymore secure. Nor does the SSL Certiicate stop website hacking through out dated software like plug ins and themes. An SSL does NOT stop your computer from being violated after getting a Virus. That can potentially get into every password protected site you log into. Some viruses can mirror the key strokes you do on different websites.
SO you still need to keep your Anti Virus Software up to date. As well as your website themes and plug ins. Plus you should avoid clicking on links that you are not sure about.
However Google, Chrome and many Firewall Software programs will block your website to some degree if you don’t install an SSL Certificate.
There are three types of SSL Certificate available today, each has a different amounts they warrant against data theft between website and server;
Extended Validation (EV SSL),
Organization Validated (OV SSL) and
Domain Validated (DV SSL).
Read more about the different types here
When in your Ad Manager you should see different tabs to organize your account. There’s a ‘hierarchy’ to help organize how you manage everything.
Here’s how it looks:
- Account: Holds all of your campaigns, ad sets, and ads. Typically, you’d have a single account for your business.
- Campaigns: Individual campaigns can be created for almost anything. Some might be for specific products or services. While others are merely for driving traffic back to your site. Ideally, you want both.
- Ad Sets: Exactly what it sounds like. Useful for organizing different groups or categories of ads.
- Ads: Last but not least, all of your ads. This is the only part that people will see eventually.
You can have multiple campaigns and then each campaign will have multiple ad sets under each. Which will then contain a few ads of its own.
Is the Facebook pixel needed?
There are Facebook advertiser’s who currently aren’t using the Facebook pixel and some that are just not using it to its full potential. The excuses can range from confusion and intimidation to ignorance regarding whether it’s needed at all.
We set up Facebook Pixel on our website a month before we first advertised on Facebook because without the Facebook Pixel, you’re limiting yourself from the most popular targeting options.
You aren’t able to accurately track conversions.
How in the world do you so without the pixel?
You can’t optimize for conversions. You can’t do any of the fun stuff.
You know… the fun stuff that leads to measurable results?
If you’re not familiar with the Facebook Pixel, it’s a snippet of code unique to your ad account that should be placed between the HEAD tags of every page of your website.
The most popular of the social media platforms is Facebook.
This is the most powerful tool you can utilize in your online marketing. Once you have Facebook Pixel setup on your website. It’s time to think about advertising on Facebook.
It’s the #1 Website in the World!
2.13 billion active monthly users. On top of that there is another 1.74 billion active mobile users.
That’s a huge amount of audience you can potentially reach for your business.
Just Recently (August 2017) Google Added HTTPS:// As A New Search Algorithm
So that means that if your website has a SSL Secure Certificate (with Padlock Icon) then the URL (website address) starts with HTTPS:// and not the standard HTTP://.
By having a Secure Certificate installed for your domain Google will favour your website more than a Non Secure Website.
Google wants you to be safe when browsing the web. So if your website has an SSL Secure Certificate, that basically means the the transfer of data to your computers browser is encrypted, thus safer.
If you want to get a SSL Certificate we offer the best type Extended Validation (EV) SSL Certificates rather than the Domain Validation (DV) SSL Certificates. Why because with a full EV SSL Certificate, the Certificate Authority checks the right of the applicant to use a specific domain name PLUS it conducts a THOROUGH vetting of the organization. Thus it is a real SSL Certification.
Smart Tip – Back Up Your Website & Emails
For Our Clients that have had their website updated in the last 5 years, you need to read & take action.
Those clients that haven’t had an update in 5 years, You Are Loosing Business, Take action Call Us NOW
Be Smart & Back Up Your Website
Website Back Ups
As you probably know we do a monthly back up of your website.
However have you got a copy? OR are you relying on the cloud & the server?
Be Smart & save a copy to your hard drive!
To find out how – contact us for help.
Email Back Ups
If you use IMAP emails – you need to read on
The difference between IMAP & POP emails – must read
Keeping it simple – Email accounts set up as IMAP means that all your emails are on the server, & you are just looking at a reflection on your computer or phone. So if your account or the server has a hiccup You may LOOSE ALL YOUR EMAILS….
So Be Smart & Back them Up
Exporting and Importing Emails Through Webmail
Our hosting offers three different webmail clients (Horde, RoundCube and Squirrelmail) for viewing and management of your email accounts. Of these three, only Horde allows the import and export of email. This will walk you through the basic steps to perform these actions.
Log into your webmail use – http://188.8.131.52:2096 and select Horde
- Log In by using your email address & email password
How to Create a New Folder in Horde
You may import mail into any folder, including your inbox. However, for ease of management you might find it useful to create a separate folder for imported mail – for instance, to keep all mail exported from another host separate from your current mail structure.
To create a mail folder in Horde:
1/ Left-click the Folder Actions icon in the left menu:
2/ Left-click Create Mailbox.
3/ In the “Create mailbox” popup, enter the name of the new folder and click OK:
4/ Your new folder will now appear in Horde’s left column:
How to Import Email
Your email should be in a .mbox or .eml file to be imported into Horde. Unzip your file first if you were provided a .zip file.
To import your emails via Horde:
1/ Right-click the folder into which you wish to import messages:
2/ On the next screen, left-click Import:
3/ In the popup, browse to the target file and click OK:
4/ A successful import will display a green message bar with details:
A failed import attempt will display a red error bar:
(This usually results from trying to import a zipped or corrupted file.)
How to Export Email
It is generally a good idea to create backups of important email folders, and Horde’s export function allows you to do this readily.
To export your email via Horde:
1/ Right-click the folder from which you wish to export messages. For instance, to export your inbox contents, right-click the Inbox icon in the left menu.
2/ On the next screen, left-click Export:
3/ The resulting popup will allow you to select to download either an uncompressed or a .zip-compressed .mbox file:
4/ Click OK in the popup window to start the download of the .mbox or zip file.
Note: The export function will not provide feedback messages. The .mbox or .zip file will be created in the download folder per your browser settings.
Our Clients Website Security & Monitoring
Most of our clients have 24/7 Security & Monitoring which means
These clients websites have had world class 24/7 Security & Monitoring. Which gives great peace of mind to our clients & for us as their website & hosting administrators. The software helps with &/or supplies;
- Creates an effective firewall for websites
- Blocks out hackers to the website
- Blocks users who attempts & fails to log in to many times
- Monitors the website software, from base functionalities to add ons like website plugins etc.
- Reports by email & in website admin dashboard, the number of attacks & blocked IPs & their origin.
However no matter what ever the security monitoring or firewall is it can only protect against what possible breaches that it knows. So even the smartest, most flexible, most adaptive and most upto date firewall is it still can’t give 100% guarantee nothing will penetrate.
What we do know is that you are 99.9999% safe, when all updates are done as requested by the security monitoring software. And that the websites admin has extremely strong passwords.
So if you get a warning from us or our software, please act on it straight away, or ask us to help you.
However the Biggest Security Threat is YOU or Your Staff
- If you use weak or moderate password for the website log in, email or computer log ins.
- If you don’t have good & updated internet & email security on every computer
- If you open an email that his affected with a virus, trojan, spyware or malware
- If you click on an email link that is effective
- If you visit websites that are not trusted
- If you click on a link of a website that is affected with a virus, trojan, spyware or malware
Peoples miss conceptions
That any software that protects you from any virus, trojan, spyware or malware will give you 100% protect.
Spam Assassin is email server software that can be set on a client email server. The software has 5 levels of security, however the program only is a spam filter, NOT a virus, trojan, spyware or malware program
- software to monitor something only monitors that eg website security.
- firewall software needs to be kept updates & is never 100% secure wether it be website, server, email or mobile
- alerts for updates should be done straight away
- no email program can stop what a human does in regard to clicking, opening or visiting links that can infect his computer, emails or hosting server.
How to get Google to crawl our site faster?
There are a few things you can do to improve your crawl speed.
Google crawlers are also know as Googlebots or Google’s web crawling bot, sometimes also called a spider. The more Googlebots crawl your website the better it will be indexed. The better your Google indexing is directly reflected in how high your website appears in a Google search.
Google wants to show a Googler (a person searching on Google) the best results for the search terms they search for. So Google ranks (indexes) websites for search terms. Google works this out with it’s ever changing Analytics.
Have an authoritative website
An authoritative website is basically a website that is recognised buy Google to;
- Have relevant and recent information, this can be achieved by adding regular, informative, relevant well written (short, well formed sentences with good grammar)
- Have back links from similar or related website, showing that this website is an important part of this topic being searched on Google.
Note: irrelevant or spammy links from non related websites or on non related topics can ban a website from any Google search.
- Be a site with little or no error of coding faults
– bad links or 301 redirect pages
Google also looks at
- Your websites security
– are all the software that your website has up to date?
– Do you have an SSL Certificate for your website?
Google now penalisers a website that collects any persons details (like a contact form) if they done have https:// as the URL prefix
- a XML sitemap installed, so Google can find it’s way around you site easily
- Pages need to load fast,
– so good website coding is important,
– smart plug in are important to improve caching & file loading speed
– images with the smallest file size is critical
- Not being Responsive (mobile friendly website) Google penalises websites that are not mobile friendly when searched on a mobile devices, thus your website needs to be Responsive.
- Too many URL on the one page to the same page etc, as this can slow Google crawlers down, as do spammy links.
Tips to increase your crawl speed
A couple of simple tips to increase your site’s crawl speed:
- Using the methods above, find and fix all the errors.
– Especially making your site Responsive (mobile friendly)
– Have an SSL Certificate – having URL that starts with https://
– Having a website that all the software is up to date
- Keep your site recent and relevant with fresh quality well written content
- Make sure your site is fast.
- Add an XML sitemap to your site and submit it to the search engines.
- If all of that fails to improve your crawl speed, start link building!
If you have any questions or need a hand please contact us
- Google 1st Page
- Web Site Solutions
- Contact Us
- Importance of Getting Found on Google with Voice Search Optimisation
- Costly Mistakes Business Owners Make Online Quickie Tips
- The Business Whisperer’s Recession Buster Tips
- Getting Found Online in the Changing Market
- Google Local Search Ranking Tips
- Building Rapport for Sales Success Quickie Tips
- Be 1st on Google for FREE Simple Strategy