Getting Started with a DIY Website
“Everything is life has a cost… spend your time and do it yourself or spend your money and get someone else to do it for you”
Step 1 Orientation
Watch and study the DIY Website Tour video (below) https://youtu.be/dXctS7BBFAM and then Schedule a Zoom Call with us. We’ll answer any questions and give you a tour around your websites Admin area.
Please schedule a time here -> https://findnetsolutions.com/calendar
Step 2 – Decide on a Template
- Go to www.YourDomain.com/wp-admin and log in.
- Go to Enfold Child > Demo Import
- Select a website template
IMPORTANT Do NOT focus on or get court up in what the Demo Template looks like.
LOOK at the page laid out and how the different page sections function. You can change the Colours, the Images, the Fonts and the order of the pages easily. The Demo Template can save you a lot of time not having to start from scratch.
- Watch and study the DIY Website About SEO (see below) https://youtu.be/SoApgMSY5GQ . Make sure you hide all pages from Google Bots and being indexed until your site is finished being edited.
Step 3 – We’ll Create a Temporary ‘Welcome’/’Comming Soon’ page
We will need the Scoping Document completed with the content for your temporary page.
For this page you should at least supply;
- The Business Name,
- Business Descriptions, a few sentences
- Your Logo or Profile photo
- Contact details
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you change your Website Template then this page will be lost (overwritten)… PLEASE save a copy..
Log into Enfold Child > go to Import/Export > Export Layout Builder Templates > Save Changes. Keep this file safe.
To import into your new DIY Template.
Log into Enfold Child > go to Import/Export > Import Layout Builder Templates > Choose the file from your harddrive > Save Changes.
Now check that it has loaded and shows as the default page which can be changed at Enfold Child > Theme Options
Step 4 – Plan the Content
IMPORTANT Plan Your Content… Yes… Smart Business owners Plan what they intend to do before jumping in.
So BEFORE you start changing anything in the back end of your website… Stop and Plan Your Content.
Now it’s time to plan;
- what pages you will have and how they will function
- What images you need on each page
- type out all the content for each page on a Word doc
Step 5 – Swap your Content into the Website
Watch the help videos including;
Other help videos are available at – https://vimeo.com/channels/aviathemes
NOTE: It would be smart business to leave setting up and integrating any Marketing plugins until after Step 6. Meaning setting up the Website Chat, Pop Up, Newsletter Subscriptions, Landing Pages or Email Marketing campaigns.
At Step 7 we suggest you can set up and configure your CRM there are 2 FREE options Jetpack by WordPress and Agile CRM with more advanced Sales and Marketing tools.
Step 6 – Complete the Launch Process IMPORTANT
- Contact us so we can check and submit your site to get crawled and indexed by Google.
- We will send you some extra Hints and Tips please find time to go over them to get a better Google Ranking.
Remember the success of your website is up to you… you have the best website to be;
- Visitor friendly
- And easy for you to edit
- With the ability to flex and grow as you do
We are here to help…
Want Us to do SEO Search Engine Optimisation for you?
Check out our SEO Rescue Programs it’s a Must for Every New Website
See all our SEO Programs
If you run out of time …. and would like us to complete your website for you please contact us.
Step 7 – Customise and Interface Marketing Tools etc
At this step, we suggest you can set up and configure the Plugins for auxiliary functions within your website that you may want including your CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
With CRMs, you have a choice as standard to use either your;
- Free CRM that comes part of the WordPress core software by Jetpack or
- The Free more advanced Agile CRM Sales and Marketing tools.
If your FREE Agile CRM account has not been set up and listed on your Admin Doc please click this link to carry that out – https://findnetsolutions.com/CRM
With Agile CRM you can get as many free one on one training sessions when you join. It is the best support I have seen.