Increase your websites SEO effectiveness with images
We have installed special SEO functionality in many of our clients websites that dramatically boosts their Google ranking.
However there is a simple way of linking your website to be listed with Google & that is with images.
When you save an image on your hard drive,
- save it at a sensible size in pixels width & height (max 1000 pixels) and consider the file size (KB & MB) because if it is too big it will load too slow & people will move on to a competitors website (see below)
- name the image with descriptive keywords & string of keywords, so rather than photo1, name it Find_Net_Solutions_Google_Consultants_Gold_Coast.
- Make sure you don’t have spaces between words by using either a minus sign (-) or and underscore (_). The reason is the space between characters creates unnecessary code when loaded into a website, this then miniseries the effectiveness of getting the image to be ranked by Google in Google images that links back to your website.
Things to remember about image sizes is that when you reduce an image size by 25% it will reduce the file size by not just 25% but at least twice the expected file size & the higher the original image resolution & type of image can increase it even more.
eg a few facts about the image to the right how it was to how it now is after resizing.
- 1024 × 768 pixels is 194,028 bytes (197 KB on disk)
- 256 × 192 pixels is 21,030 bytes (25 KB on disk)