There is one thing worse than having a bad review on your Google + Business page
(formally known as Google Places page). That one thing that is worse is when the review is not founded, or not related to the business or is a personal attack on a staff member.
I cropped off the bad review in this image as it has one of the staffs names.
So what can you do?
- You can delete the page & start over however as you can see in this case this business as the top position in a Google local search (Business A) So lets not delete this yet, unless we don’t have another option.
- We can add about 10 new reviews & hopefully that will push the bad review lower down the page so it ends up in the section click for more reviews’
- The other option is to report a violation to Google. So in this case we will try that first.
How do you report a Google + Review Violation to Google?
- Do a Google local search eg search ‘Auto Electrician Canberra’
- Click the link Google Reviews, find the review that is in breach of Google policy violation.
- Mouse over next to the reviewers name, a small grey flag appears, click that flag & it opens a page ‘Report a policy violation’
- Choose the Violation Type
- This post contains hateful, violent or inappropriate content
- The post contains advertising or spam
- Off topic
- The post contains conflicts of interest
Then click submit.
The outcome of reporting a Reviews Violation comes down to what Google (the machine) believes & you have no recourse. You may find that your Google+ page disappears or drops in ranking & at the same time that terrible Google + Review is still there.
If you need a hand with any website, SEO Search Engine Optimisation, Google +, Google pages or listings or any internet marketing issue contact us