This is part A of the A to Z of Business & Website Tips
Fresh articles and website content is an important part of onsite SEO (Search Engine Optimisation done on your website).
Google values fresh content. Fresh content is a significant factor in positively influencing your Google ratings for your website. The logic here is that the more frequently you update your site, the more frequently Googlebot (Google’s crawling bot) visits your site.
All website we design & develop have special functionality installed in the back end so when you publish a new Post, News Article it pings (notifies) the top search engine feeder bots that there is fresh content on your website.
In turn, this gives you the opportunity to achieve better Google rankings. With you adding more & more articles of relevant content on your website, make Google look at your website as an authoritative source of information & this reflects over time in your Google indexing.
Although you can update your site in several different ways (not to mention all the different types of content you can create), writing new blog posts (news articles) is the best & simplest way to generate fresh content that gets picked up quickly by Google.
Writing Good Copy
To write good copy it is best to try & stick with a single theme for an article plus;
- Make sure the Article’s URL makes sense, it will help Google list the article, eg;
– not like this, www.yourdomain.com.au/uncategorized/1234
– better being, www.yourdomain.com.au/website-tips/articles-fresh-content
- Articles should be fresh content – NOT Copied Content, unless you take a small extract & link it to the original complete article. In this case, you need to recognise the original author.
- Try and have the main keywords toward the start of the articles sentence & paragraphs.
- Make sure you use good spelling & punctuality
- Start the article with an Introduction (paragraph)
- Present the Reason for the Articles (Blog / Post’s) existence.
Your post needs to have a purpose…… It’s to address a specific problem – There’s a problem that needs to be solved
- Content of article (2 or 3 paragraphs) at least for a short article
- Explain how the article (Blog/Post) will help address the problem – explain to the reader what the post will provide for them, and why it’s valuable information for them.
- Conclusion (a paragraph) wrap up the article with a relevant solution, solutions or ideas that the reader can understand & implement
- Have a Call to acting – if you have a similar situation, contact us today
- Make sure you use the SEO Functionality embedded in the Post Article Admin Area,
– Use a relevant Article Title – up to 60 characters, as most search engines use a maximum of 60 characteristics for the title.
– Use a relevant Article Description – up to 160 characters, as most search engines use a maximum of 160 characteristics for the description.
– Keywords – add up to 10 relevant keywords or string of keywords.
– Tags – add up to 10 relevant Tags (words or string of words that appear in the article) no need to use your business name or other common words, Tags need to be relevant & unique to the article content.
Here are stats showing how doing regular articles can increase traffic
First, here are just a few statistics from Kapost to put blogging in perspective:
- Brands that create 15 blog posts per month average 1,200 new leads per month.
- Blogs give websites 434 percent more indexed pages and 97 percent more indexed links.
- Blogs on company sites result in 55 percent more visitors.
- B2B companies that blog generate 67 percent more leads per month than those that do not blog.
Although these are legit numbers! It demonstrates the impact writing new posts, news articles can have on your Google ranking.
So you don’t have time to write new articles!
Then engage a Content Writer, I suggest that you may want to try Hire Writers
See how little it costs
Hire Writers pride themselves in knowing that they have the lowest prices online and do not sacrifice quality for price. You can rest assured that they can handle all of your written content needs.