If your business gets most of it’s business from customers who live in your community, you must get very serious about local SEO and your Google My Business page.
To rank well locally on Google, takes a serious commitment to a handful of things & it isn’t hard to justify when;
- Your Google My Business listing is prominent on the 1st page of a Google Local Search.
- 98% of searchers choose a business that is on page 1 of the results they get.
- 88% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
- 77% of smartphone users contact a business after looking for local Information
The fact is that Google made a mess of a lot of these free business listings when it changed Google Local Listings from Google Local & Google + to create Google My Business pages.
Focus on these few things;
- You may have to cleanup your business listing, make sure that you only have one listing for your business and it’s the one Google thinks is your business.
- Claim the right listing, you need to make sure you take full advantage of all of the fields and linking options available to you.
- Make sure you have the right business category and subcategories chosen for your business.
- Make note of the exact way your business (NAP) name, address and phone number appear.
– Exact meaning is it Street or St.,
– is it Service & Repairs or Service and Repairs.
Whatever you show listed as the NAP on your Google My Business Page, you’ll want to use consistently on your own website and across all directories. More on directory listings in future articles….
- Add regular posts or articles on your Business Google+ page, make sure they are unique and relevant to your business, your local area & or the business category your are listed in.
- Get Reviews from customers…. CAUTION NOTE, A MUST READ……
IF you would like us to give you a FREE evaluation or optimise your listing drop us an email – click here