Having a Backing Up of your Data is Important
As we rely heavily on our emails & files on our computers it is extremely important to our business & personally to have a back up. A trogan or virus on your system can cause huge grief, then when the system is restored by your IT Guy, did we loose it all?
When you set up an email address like you can set it up 2 different ways.
1/ A POP Account where the emails are downloaded onto your hard drive from the mail server.
2/ The other is a IMAP Account were the emails are viewed from your computer phone etc however they stay on the mail server until they are deleted.
Those who use the email hosting service for their domain with us can set their emails up either as a POP or IMAP however the IMAP will require more space on the mail server over time.
This article will focus on Email Back Up Solutions, here are a few suggestions of cloud email hosting options.
- A basic (& free) option is having a Gmail account & saving emails into folders set up in your email program, like Outlook. This way you have those emails saved in folders that are not sitting on your computer, rather sitting on Google in Gmail, however still easy to access in Outlook & not taking up extra space on your mail server.
- Google Apps for Work from $5 per month: https://apps.google.com.au/intx/en_au/pricing.html
Google Apps for Work includes:
– Business email addresses ()
– Video and voice calls
– Integrated online calendars
– 30GB of online storage for file syncing and sharing
– Online text documents, spreadsheets and slides
– Easy to create project sites
– Security and admin controls
– 24/7 phone and email support
- Microsoft Office 365 from $7 per month: https://products.office.com/en-au/business/compare-office-365-for-business-plans
Online versions of Office with email and video conferencing
– Email with 50 GB mailbox
– 1 TB file storage and sharing
– HD video conferencing
– Office Online
- Hosted Security by Trend Micro from $450 for 2 years for 5 user licence: http://www.trendmicro.com.au/au/sb_store/bss/index.html
Worry-Free Business Security Services protects against viruses, dangerous websites, and other threats. As a cloud-based (hosted) service, it requires no server and no maintenance. It is a snap to install and easy to manage.